Nottingham Gastro SCE Course 2018
22nd March - 23rd March 2018
Post Graduate Centre, Queen's Medical Centre, Derby Road, Nottingham, NG7 2UH
Welcome to the fourth Annual Nottingham Gastroenterology SCE Course. This 2 day BASL-and BSG-endorsed course is set to be a fantastic event for Gastroenterology trainees of all grades, covering the breadth of the 2010 JRCPTB Gastroenterology curriculum, tailored to help trainees prepare for the gastroenterology specialty certificate examination. This interactive course covers all the core topics including GI radiology, histopathology and endoscopy images reflective of the content of the examination. In addition sessions are included on examination technique with the opportunity for real-time mock examinations and quizzes for discussion.
The course has been designed and organised by a Consultant Gastroenterologist who is a MRCP (UK) examiner and a GI Oncologist who is a FRCR examiner and Clinical Oncology Programme Director. The course has been revised with the support of a senior registrar with special interest in medical education (who has prepared, sat and passed the examination).
Our course faculty is comprised of an impressive and broad range of senior academic and clinical consultants, many of whom are nationally and internationally recognised to be experts in their field.
The aim of the course is to provide trainees with a strong foundation in Gastroenterology, which can be translated to their day to day clinical practice but also provide the necessary skills and knowledge base to enable them to successfully complete the Gastroenterology specialty certificate examination.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Have had an interactive learning experience in Gastroenterology via didactic lectures, radiology/endoscopy image-based quizzes and interactive case-based MCQ sessions
- Identify areas of the Royal College of Physicians training board (JRCPTB) 2010 curriculum which have been covered within the course and apply them to your own clinical practice
- Be able to apply learnt knowledge to the SCE exam.
- Be able to link your learning experience directly to areas within your NHS Eportfolio
- Receive a course certificate to acknowledge attendance and to claim study leave
For the full programme please click HERE